OUR STATEMENT ON PRIVACYEffective: March 7, 2014
2. “You” means you, the individual, as well as any other individual and/or entity on whose behalf you are acting.
3. Throughout these Terms of Service, “Services” shall embrace Portal’s mobile video camera application – and any of the features therein listed, including but not limited to those which enable the user to create, save, edit, manipulate, log, and share audio, video, and audiovisual content – as well as any other Portal website, blog, profile, feature, data, tool (e.g. video tool, audio tool, visualization tool, data organization tool, data manipulation too), feed (e.g. Real Simple Syndication feed, Atom feed), publication, product, offering, software, program, platform, system, and application.
4. The term “Affiliates” refers collectively to Portal’s principals, agents, representatives, employees, contactors, executives, board members, joint ventures, officers, directors, advisors, parents, successors, subsidiaries, and other closely related parties.
5. “Content” means any material, information, and/or data that a user creates, compiles, curates, submits, posts, shares, uploads, syncs, transmits, displays, and/or otherwise communicates – in connection with Portal’s Services – for consumption by oneself and/or others. Content includes but is not limited to audio, video, audiovisual material, photos, images, links, tags, blog entries, posts, responses, idea submissions, feedback, third party user information, graphics, files, text, messages, comments, responses, summaries, user names, Profile Information (defined below), musical works, works of performance, works of authorship, applications, and compilations and manipulations of the aforementioned. Content specifically does not include your user password, personally identifying information, or financially sensitive information unless such information appears (against our recommendation) in your Content, as defined above.Collection of Your InformationIt is our mission to make it fun and simple to create, share, and interact with short, beautiful videos. In order to accomplish this mission, we collect the following information:1. Signing Up. If you sign-up with Portal and/or download our app, we ask you to provide an email address and a password. We collect this information.
2. Third Party User Information. Many users like to connect with a third party provider (e.g. Facebook) as part of their Portal experience. Third party connections make it fast and simple to get started; they also enable us to provide you with a richer, more focused user experience.
If you connect with a third party provider through Portal, we may collect information from that third party – including but not limited to your profile information, contact information, login/password, usage data, user history, online contacts (e.g. Friends, Followers), settings, and preferences; we may also collect additional information from a third party provider as per your consent.
3. Profile Information. After you sign-up, we encourage you to build out your user profile. By collecting detailed “Profile Information”, we can optimize your interactions with our Services and provide you with more valuable content. Profile Information includes – but is not limited to – information regarding your username, location, personal and professional skills and experiences, personal tastes and preferences, education level, citizenship, organizational membership/affiliation, personal and professional contacts, social media presence and output, and other profile-related images, photos, video, audio, and text. (Some of this information may already be populated if you connect your Portal account with a third party provider.)
4. Contacting Portal. Our team works to identify and resolve problems, hold people accountable, and maintain company-wide excellence. Therefore, we collect information about the contact you make with Portal. This includes making and retaining a record of your contact information, recording customer service calls, and retaining, annotating, and memorializing any other electronic and/or hard copy communications – all for quality assurance, training, user data, and future reference purposes.
5. User Content. We collect all of your Content in connection with our Services.
6. User Interactions & Tracking Technologies. Portal takes a scientific approach to studying user behavior and optimizing the user experience. This helps us provide you with relevant content and meaningful recommendations.
2. Storage of Your Information. You agree that Portal holds the sole discretion to store your Content, data, and information in any manner we choose, at any facility in any location in the world (including but not limited to storage in the United States of America).
3. Transfer of Your Information. We need to be able to freely move your information around as we change and grow. You agree that Portal holds the sole discretion to transfer your Content, data, and information in any manner we choose, across jurisdictional borders – including, but not limited to, county lines, state lines, international borders, and the borders of a conglomerate of nations(e.g. European Union) – at any time, for any reason, without notice.Advertising & Your InformationPortal exists so that our community can create and share short, beautiful videos. At the same time, we need to the lights bright, the coffee hot and the servers humming.To be clear: we may choose to use, sell, rent, license, barter, share, or otherwise disclose your Content (including your Profile Information)– and other information collected from your use of our Services, including but not limited to information obtained through tracking technologies – in order to target advertisements to you and users like you. However, under no circumstances will we sell your personally-identifying or financially-sensitive information to any advertisers or promotional partners, provided such information does not appear in connection with your Content. Notwithstanding the previous statement, Portal does reserve the right to use, sell, rent, license, barter, share, or otherwise disclose your contact information to select third party partners who agree to adhere to confidentiality provisions regarding said information and who will only use said information as directed by Portal and/or out Affiliates.Please note that our ad partners may use their own advertising technologies in connection with our Services. We have no control over these web beacons, pixels, tags, cookies, mobile identifiers, and other technologies. However, you may be able to opt-out of targeted advertising from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (some of whom may advertise with Portal) – visit www.networkadvertising.org for more information.You can opt-out of direct marketing communications from Portal and its third parties at any time by emailing optout@Portal.co with the subject line “Direct Marketing”.Usage of Your User Information1. Publication of Your User Content. Our top-shelf user content helps make Portal a prime destination for cool and interesting people. You should expect that any and all of your Content – including but not limited to your Profile Information and the videos you create and share– will be made public and searchable. You also acknowledge and agree that your Content may appear in connection with the advertising and marketing of Portal’s Services. Please be mindful of this as you create/circulate your Content –act as though the whole world can easily find it and see it.
2. Optimizing Your User Experience. We collect and study the Content, data, and information you provide us – and the Content, data, and information we receive from our other users – so that we may maintain the best possible user experience. This includes without limitation using data and information generated and gather from your interactions with our Services to provide you and other users with customization and focus around our product offerings, features, third party offerings, content (both substantive and promotional/ad-based), marketing, designs, layouts, updates, and other Services, in any manner we choose.
3. Third Parties. Portal may choose to use, sell, rent, license, barter, share, or otherwise disclose your Content (including your Profile Information)– and other information collected from your use of our Services, including but not limited to information obtained through tracking technologies – to our Affiliates and any other parties we so choose at any time, for any purpose whatsoever, without any further notice. Under no circumstances, however, will Portal sell, rent, barter, or otherwise intentionally provide your financially sensitive or personally identifying information to any third party, except as outlined in this Statement on Privacy, or as you may otherwise consent.
5. Ownership of Information. Your Content, data, and information are important assets to Portal. You acknowledge and agree that, insofar as Portal is subject to a substantial corporation transaction (including, but not limited to any sale, merger, consolidation, divestiture or bankruptcy concerning Portal), your Content, data, and information (including but not limited to your Profile Information, personally identifying information, financially sensitive information, and/or other sensitive information)will transfer as an asset – and that the recipient of said asset will assume all rights and responsibilities regarding your information.
6. Communications from Portal. Portal collects your information so that we can communicate with you regarding user interactions, new content, updates, security issues, and marketing/promotions. These communications may be based on and/or derived from your Content, user settings/preferences, and/or interactions with our Services, If you wish to opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Portal, please email optout@Portal.co with the subject line “Direct Marketing”.
7. Sharing Your Individual Information with Third Parties. During your Portal experience, you may connect with third party sites and/or use third party services (e.g. clicking advertisements, connecting with a social network). You may also access Portal via mobile networks, ISPs and electronic devices. All of these third parties run their own policies and practices with respect to your privacy and the collection/usage of your information. We are not responsible for their conduct and/or treatment with respect to your privacy and personal and/or financially-sensitive information. We encourage you to carefully review any third party terms and privacy policies.
2. Information from Third Parties. We’re not going to limit our right to conduct research. We reserve the right to obtain any information and data about you from any party we choose; we may compile and/or use this information and/or data in connection with our own information and data, as set forth in this Statement on Privacy.
3. Right to Retention. Like most good companies, we like to keep meticulous records. We reserve the right to retain and store all data and information that we collect from our users, including (but not limited to) your Content and other information and data generated by your use of our Services.Miscellaneous but Important1. Children’s Privacy. Portal forbids anyone under the age of seventeen (17) from using our Services. Accordingly, we do not knowingly solicit, collect, store, or use information from children under the age of seventeen (17). If you have reason to believe that someone younger than seventeen (17) has attempted to or actually accessed and/or used our Services, please contact us as soon as possible at legal@Portal.co – we will work to quickly delete any account and resolve this problem. Our Services (including without limitation our user Content) are not intended for young children.
2. California Residents. California residents are allowed request a list of personal information we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes, alongside the identities of those third parties. This request is free, and California residents are allowed one per year under California Civil Code 1798.83. You may submit these requests to privacy@Portal.co, subject line “Shine the Light Law Request”.
3. A Word about Security. We appreciate the sanctity of your personal information and take reasonable steps to protect it. Nonetheless, you acknowledge and agree that we cannot warrant the safety and/or security of information or data you transmit to, from, or via Portal; this includes, without limitation, your personally identifying and financially sensitive information. Likewise, we cannot guarantee that your sensitive information will be free from unwanted access, usage, disclosure, and/or alteration. Therefore, you acknowledge and agree that (a) neither Portal nor its Affiliates makes any promise, guarantee, warranty, or representation of any kind that your sensitive information will remain safe or private, and (b) you will indemnify, defend, hold harmless, and release Portal and its Affiliates from any liability arising out of or relating to a breach of your sensitive information.
4. Incorporation of Other Terms. Our various terms and conditions are each part of a coherent whole. This Statement on Privacy is incorporated by reference into our broader Terms of Service . Thus, any rights reserved through our other terms and conditions are also herein reserved, including without limitation the right to amend, revise, suspend, limit, or remove any Services or a user’s access thereto at any time without liability, warning, notice, or reason.
5. Protecting Your Own Information. You are responsible for protecting your own private and sensitive information, such as passwords, personal ID numbers, and financial account information.
6. Third Party Assistance. You acknowledge and agree that Portal and its Affiliates may engage any third party they choose to assist Portal and its Affiliates with the collection, storage, transfer, and/or usage of your Content, data, and information.
7. About Mobile Carriers & Applications. Our Services feature an application for mobile devices. However, we caution that your mobile carrier may well have access to any data and/or information you send or receive through your device – you will have to consult your mobile carrier for more information about its privacy policies and how it handles data flowing through your device, as we have no responsibility for your carrier’s policies or practices. Please note that Portal and its Affiliates reserve the right to send, receive, and share your information in connection with your mobile carrier in order to provide our Services and/or ensure the proper working order of our systems. In addition, we advise users that third party applications on a mobile device may draw information and/or data from your use of our Services, or other uses of your mobile device. To reiterate: Portal and is Affiliates are not responsible for the policies or practices of any third-party. Review all third party terms and conditions carefully.
8. Headings for Convenience Only. Our section headings and subheadings have been provided strictly for your convenience; they have no legal, contractual, or otherwise binding or representative effect on your or us.
9. Contact Us. Except as herein specified, all correspondence regarding this Statement on Privacy should be directed in writing to the following address:Mass Lab, Inc.Attn: Legal Department240 Kent Ave #B7Brooklyn, NY 11249